JFETs (Junction Field-Effect Transistors) are kind of like spigots. Using the image below, I'll explain my analogy of an N-Channel JFET.
The Gate, formed by two p-type regions within the n-channel (which are connected internally), acts as the valve body (handle, stem, packing, etc.) This will restrict the flow of water- and current real-world. In a JFET the Gate is reverse-biased regardless of the channel type.
The Source and Drain act as the supply pipe and outlet. When the valve body is open (the VGG is 0 V) water (current supplied by VDD) can flow freely from the supply pipe to the outlet (Source to Drain.) When the valve body starts to close (VGG is increased), the water (current) begins to be restricted. Real-world, this is due to the p or n-type gate increasing it's depletion layer respectively.
It is important to note:
JFETs can be used many different ways. They can be used as a constant current source, an electronic switch, a VRR, even various types of amplifiers.
Floyd, T. L. (2017). Electronic Devices (Conventional Current Version) (10th ed.). Pearson Education (US). https://ecpi.vitalsource.com/books/9780134414553
School of Physics. (2020, December 14). Working of JFET | How JFET works? | JFET working animation. YouTube. Retrieved February 22, 2023, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtK3uA4gAoc
Semiconductor For You. (2021, May 29). What are the applications of JFET (junction field effect transistor)? Semiconductor for You. Retrieved February 22, 2023, from https://www.semiconductorforu.com/applications-jfet-junction-field-effect-transistor/
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25