Pathophysiology: A Practical Approach
Additional Test Bank
_____ 1. The movement of water or another solvent across the cellular membrane from an area of low solute concentration to an area of high solute concentration is referred to as
A. meiosis. B. osmosis. C. lysis.
_____ 2. Cells become specialized in their structure and function through A. proliferation.
C. differentiation. D. pinocytosis.
_____ 3. Eradicating the disease is the goal of A. palliative treatment.
B. all cancer treatment. C. prophylactic treatment. D. curative treatment.
_____ 4. The fetus is most vulnerable to environmental influences during which period of gestation?
A. 10 to 15 days
B. The first 30 days C. 15 to 60 days
D. The first trimester
_____ 5. Which form of cellular adaptation occurs because of decreased work demands on the cell?
A. Hypertrophy B. Hyperplasia C. Atrophy
_____ 6. What are the sex chromosomes that a female has? A. Paired X chromosomes
C. One X and one Y chromosome D. Two Y chromosomes
_____ 7. Which disorders are passed from an affected parent to an offspring regardless of sex?
A. Sex-linked disorders B. Fragile X syndrome
C. Autosomal dominant disorders D. All of the above
_____ 8. Gangrene is a form of A. caseous necrosis.
B. liquefaction necrosis. C. coagulative necrosis. D. fat necrosis.
_____ 9. The genetic information for a cell is contained in the A. nucleus.
B. organelles. C. lipid bilayer. D. cytoplasm.
_____ 10. The disease state of a neoplasm is A. apoptosis.
C. exocytosis. D. cancer.
_____ 11. A possible teratogen is a(n) A. lipid bilayer.
_____ 12. How many chromosomes do we have? A. 23
C. Several thousand D. About 3 billion
_____ 13. Selective permeability allows free passage in and out of cells to A. enzymes.
D. all of the above.
_____ 14. Which type of cellular adaptation is undergone by the muscles of an extremity that has been in a cast for a long period of time?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25