Question 1: Based on the figure presented above, what is the most likely ligand for TLR-XX? Be as specific as possible, and justify your answer based on these data.
Question 2: Based on these data, where would you MOST likely find toll-like receptor-XX (TLR-XX) among the following options? Justify WHY you selected the option that you chose for full credit. Your justification must be based on the data that are presented here, not the type of bacteria.
A. On the cell surface
B. In the endosome/ lysosome
C. In the nucleus
D. In the mitochondria
E. In the endoplasmic reticulum
Question 3: Would you predict that TLR-XX is able to recognize other types of Gram-negative bacteria, in addition to the one that was used in this experiment? Explain WHY or WHY NOT?
NK cells and Red Blood Cell tolerance: Red blood cells (RBCs) lack a nucleus and do not express MHC class I proteins. Although RBCs express CD47, a cell-surface protein that is associated with protection from cell-killing, its expression alone does not explain why NK cells do not kill RBCs1.
1. Pulak Ranjan Nath, Dipasmita Pal-Nath, Ajeet Mandal, Margaret C. Cam, Anthony L. Schwartz, David D. Roberts; Natural Killer Cell Recruitment and Activation Are Regulated by CD47 Expression in the Tumor Microenvironment. Cancer Immunol Res 1 September 2019; 7 (9): 1547–1561. https://doi.org/10.1158/2326-6066.CIR-18-0367
(Note this reference if provided for your information – You do not need to read this paper to answer the question 4)
Question 4: Based on your understanding of how NK cells distinguish between target cells for cell-killing and healthy cells that are not killed, explain why RBCs are not killed by NK cells. Using complete sentences support your answer with evidence from the suggested videos and/or readings.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25