reply to classmate
The term autonomy is often used in the nursing profession as the power the client or patient has to make his or her decisions. However, on the video Ethics in Action Drivers of migration, Human Trafficking, and Modern Slavery, a different type of autonomy issues can be seen. The video describes the motives behind people migrating and suffering from human traffickers and or from slavery. People migrate due to conflict, poverty and better opportunities following the dream that is shared by deceiving people. Those oppressed by modern slavery and human trafficking, lose their autonomy once they get to their destination. There is a lot of money involved, with the purpose of selling people for a profit. Slaves cannot make decisions or whether to leave or stay. They are obligated to work under illegal conditions, and very often perform jobs with little or not pay, sometimes even sex slaves. Once the individual arrives at their destination, they lose their passport or ID. In order to control them, they take away any glimpse of freedom and decision making, this is inhumane. Because of this, it can be said that one of the main ethical principles portrayed in the video is the one of autonomy and decision making. Those in poverty are the ones that suffer the most from this type of ethical principle. The video also calls for spreading knowledge in order to prevent taking advantage of the poor.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25